Need to add or delete an email account in cPanel? Or change a password?
It's easy to do on your own!
First, you'll need to log in to your account's cPanel. Refer to this article for instructions on how to do so:
Once you have logged in scroll down to the email section and click on Email Accounts.
To create an Email Account
- From here click on the blue Create button
- In the next section enter the username and password for the new account and click on the blue Create button at the bottom of the page.
- Once you have created the account you will see it in your list of email accounts. To manage this account click on the Manage button.
For the correct settings to set you new account up on an email client like Outlook or another device please refer to our Help Center article on setting up your mail client here. Or use the following settings in your mail client.
To delete an Email Account
- Looking at your email accounts, find the one you want to delete and hit the "Manage" button on the right.
- Then, scroll all the way to the bottom and click "Delete Email Account"
Manage Email Account Data
- There is a utility within cPanel that allows you to bulk delete email from accounts using a variety of parameters. This is useful when trying to reduce email storage and do not want to go through and individually delete emails.
- From the cPanel home page, look under "Email" and click on "Email Disk Usage".
- From there, select which email account you would like to manage from the drop down menu highlighted below:
- After selecting the account you wish to view, there will be a "Manage" button to the right of each folder that has data in it. After clicking the "Manage" button on the folder you would like to delete messages from, use the drop down menu highlighted below to select the parameters of your bulk deletion and then hit "Delete Permanently".
For further assistance email email@example.com